All of us at North Shore Advisory, Inc are sending out our thoughts and support to all of you that have been affected by Hurricane Sandy 2012. We would like to offer some credit tips to help guide you in these tough times and protect you from even more damage that poor credit can cause long after you have recovered from the aftermath of this experience.
- Make sure all credit cards, car, mortgage, or any other payments associated with credit reports and scores are paid on time.
- If you do not have access to the internet to make online payments call your creditor, or ask someone who has access to the internet to get you the mailing address for payment. Send a payment out by snail mail and make sure you put your account number on the check.
- For future use have a list of all of your creditors names, phone numbers, due dates, and payment mailing addresses for ease of access in times like this. Do not put your account numbers on the list for security purposes. Your creditor can always find your account based on your SS#, name, and address.
- Those who normally send payment out through snail mail who are using the internet for convenience must be sure to get a confirmation number. Without a confirmation number, payment most likely did not go through. Keep a note of the number for future reference in case there is a problem. Many individuals who are not used to paying on the internet wind up thinking they have completed the payment process when in fact they did not, finding out later on they have damaged their credit causing even more problems down the road.
- If you do not make your payment on time make sure to document exactly what happened, with a time line of events, and why the payment was not made. Later on when the time and funds are available to make payments and update the creditor the more detailed information available could make the difference between North Shore Advisory, Inc fixing credit or not.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any of your credit needs by following the link below: